Tuesday, March 22, 2011

What Social Networking Sites do you use for genealogy?

Over on my other blog, Genimates, I publish profiles of genealogists from here and there. The profile questions are on a Google Form that profileees complete online. So far 13 people have completed the form online (it can be completed via email or in hard copy as well). 

An incidental result of  using the online form is that Google provides a summary of responses that includes, for questions that require a Yes/No response or multiple choice selections, some pretty charts that summarise the answers.

At the moment, because there are only 15 responses to the question "What Social Networking Sites do you use for genealogy?" the data is interesting but not particularly valuable. As the number of profiles increases  so will the value of the data contained in the graph for this question.


GeniMates Statistics

I realise that the results are skewed as those people who have responded to my invitation to be profiled are technology users. I have written to a number of others who do wonderful work in genealogy but who are not tech-heads, so far not one of these people has reaponded to my request for a profile.

4 comments:

Carole Riley said...

What do the colours mean?

Kerry Scott said...

It's too bad none of those folks have responded. I think it's a nice way to get to know people in the genealogical community around the world.

GeniAus said...

Carole, I don't think Google provides a key - will check after work today.

GeniAus said...

Carole, there is no key or legend on the Google report - I think they are just random colours.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...