Thursday, February 2, 2012

Across a crowded room....

I have just returned to my hotel after a dinner hosted by Familysearch for the Official Rootstech Bloggers, Media and Sponsors. I couldn't believe that this little Australian granny was in such exalted company.


I was seated with Amy Coffin, Paul Nauta and Don Anderson from Familysearch  and  Allison Dolan from Family Tree Magazine and before dinner caught up with a number of people from the genealogy world. I even spotted a a few other foreigners at the dinner including Scotsman Chris Van Der Kuyl, Brightsolid CEO,  Elaine Collins FindmyPast Business development directorof FindMyPast from England and Canadian Blogger, Lynn Palermo. It seems as though I have travelled the furthest as Sydney is 12,897.74 km from Salt Lake City while London is only 7845,48 km


As I was conversing with Paul Nauta I heard a distinctive laugh, it was my mate from Rootstech 2011, Shipley Munson, VP of Marketing for FamilySearch. Shipley was the subject of a blog post I wrote after Rootstech last year, Tenor Number 13. If you read that post you will find out about one of Shipley's other activities.

Thanks to the svelte and chivalrous Thomas MacEntee who saw that bloggers  Nancy Shively, Lynn Palermo and I got safely back to our hotels.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...