Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Wyong Bound

Wyong, to the north of Sydney, is about an hour's pleasant drive from my home via the F3 Freeway; it is actually more convenient for me to travel there than into Sydney's CBD.

My quest for CGD will be taking me to Wyong this week when I attend The Family Historian Interest Group Meeting at The Wyong Family History Group. As a new user of this program I was thrilled when I found that there was a user group within cooee of my home. The topic for this meeting is The Property Box : Adding Tabs; adding items to a Tab:  I know I will learn something from this event as I am yet to explore many of the features of the wonderful Family Historian program.

On a future jaunt to  Wyong  I will be dispensing CGD when I present a talk as part of the Wyong Library's Family History series. On 26th September at 10:30 am I will be chatting about one of my pet topics Social Media for Family Historians. I'll demonstrate tools that allow family historians to connect with cousins, collaborate on projects, discuss issues, market and promote genealogy services and perform acts of genealogical kindness. When I have details for bookings I will publish them on this blog.


Hopefully I'll meet up with a host of new family history contacts from the Central Coast on my planned outings.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...